CoSpace and Robomaker 2019
Jointly organized by the Robotics & Maker Academy (RMA) and the RoboCup Singapore Regional committee, the 6th Singapore National CoSpace and RoboMaker Challenges will provide opportunities for primary, secondary, and tertiary students to learn robot making, coding and AI from basic line tracing to industrial robotic applications in a conducive environment with hands-on activities.
The Singapore National CoSpace and RoboMaker Challenges will include the full set of the RoboCup-Asia-Pacific (RCAP) CoSpace Challenges. A training workshop will be provided for students from Singapore MOE schools attending the event.
Participants first learn to build and code robots in training workshops, and subsequently use these robots in the CoSpace Grand Prix and CoSpace Rescue challenges. In doing so, participants are able to acquire the necessary STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) and computational thinking skills to gain a better understanding in coding and robotics – skill sets that are necessary to enable Singapore to gear up as the world’s first Smart Nation.
• Students from Primary and Secondary schools are eligible to join the event.
• U12: Student aged 12 and below (Primary category)• U19: Student aged 19 and below (Secondary Category)
Challenges:• RCAP Cospace Grand Prix
- FirstSteps, Novice Team (First time to participate in the CoSpace Grand Prix Challenge), it is for student aged 12 and below.
- U12, for student aged 12 and below
- U19, for student aged 19 and below
• RCAP Cospace Rescue
- FirstSteps, Novice Team (First time to participate in the CoSpace Rescue Challenge), it is for all aged students.
- U12, for student aged 12 and below
- U19, for student aged 19 and below
DATE:• Training Workshops:
- Web, 17 July 2019, from 2 – 5.30 pm
- Thu, 18 July 2019, from 2 – 5.30 pm
- Fri, 19 July 2019, from 2 – 5.30 pm
You can select anyone of above • Grand Challenges:
- Sat. 3 – Sun. 4 Aug 2019
• Concourse A, Singapore Polytechnic
PLEASE READ THIS INFORMATION CAREFULLY!
- Any changes of registration information, such as participant names, swap of leagues, etc. are strictly NOT allowed once the registration is closed.
Students from Primary and Secondary schools are eligible to join the event.
Each team will have 2 – 4 students. A team member cannot register 2 or more leagues.
- U12: Student aged 12 and below
- U19: Student aged 19 and below
Registration Fee (Singapore MOE Schools)
- 1. The registration fee for teachers/mentors from Singapore MOE School teams are fully subsidised by the organiser.
- 2. The registration fee for students from Singapore MOE School teams are subsidised by the organiser for early registration.
- 3. Late registration is only for teams to add new members. New team registration is not allowed during this period.
- 4. The registration fee include a CsBot-M1 robot.
- 5. The fees indicated is after subsidy.
Registration Fee (Singapore Non-MOE Schools)
Singapore Non-MOE School teams are eligible to participate in all sub-leagues. Please contact email@example.com for registration details.
Registration Fee (International Teams)
International Teams are eligible to participate in all sub-leagues. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for registration details.
- SP finance department will issue e-invoice to schools upon the registration confirmation.
- Please prepare the correct amount cash for your team and pay at the registration counter.
- Please cross the cheque and make payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. The payment should be sent to:
RoboCup Singapore Office
c/o Advanced Robotics and Intelligent Control Centre
500 Dover Road
- On the reverse of the cheque, please indicate
Event: The 7th Singapore National CoSpace and RoboMaker Challenges
After the registration, the Organising Committee will send you an email for the registration verification and confirmation. There will be no refund of registration fee in the following cases:
- No show during the competition.
- Removal a team or participants after the registration is finalised.
The challenges are open to all students with or without experience in robotics and coding. All participants are eligible to attend a half-a-day training workshop. The details are as follows:
All teams participating in the CoSpace Grand Prix need to have the CsBot-M1 or CsBot-Q1 for the Challenge. Teams are required to bring the CsBot-M1 or CsBot-Q1 for training if you already have the robot.
NOTICES TO ALL PARTICIPANTS
Do’s & Don’ts
- •It is each participant’s responsibility to take care of their properties, including robots, computers, tools, equipment and personal belongings that he/she brings to the event. Teams are strongly advised not to leave any valuable equipment and personal belongings unattended.
- •Teams are advised to bring back their own robots at the end of each day during the competition.
- •Teams are not allowed to have meal inside the team area and competition area.
- •No littering. Proper placement of large props/tools. Keep the competition venue clean and tidy.
- •Proper use of tools. Student must be adequately trained for using tools.
- •In event of fire, please exit the event venue through the designated safety exit in an orderly manner.
- •No short-circuiting, overloading of power socket. No faulty equipment to be plug in.
- •Mentors are to ensure team delivers the right value and attitude during National RoboMaker and CoSpace Challenges.
- •Each participant grants the Organising Committee the permission, with respect to all photographs, or videos that have been taken of the participant and the robots during the event. Each participant releases and discharges the Organising Committee and its photographers, agents, from all claims with the use of such photographs, film or video. Please inform the Organising Committee if you have any objections.
Singapore National CoSpace and RoboMaker Challenges 2019 Organising Committee
10 June 2019
THE 7TH SINGAPORE NATIONAL COSPACE & ROBOMAKER CHALLENGES AWARD LIST
|RCAP CoSpace Grand Prix, FirstSteps, U12||1st Place||SZ Rocket Team||Shenzhen Boca|
|RCAP CoSpace Grand Prix, FirstSteps, U12||2nd Place||SZ Plan-B Team||Shenzhen Boca|
|RCAP CoSpace Grand Prix, FirstSteps, U12||3rd Place||ACSJ Team 1||Anglo-Chinese School (Junior)|
|RCAP CoSpace Grand Prix, U12||1st Place||Temasek Team 1||Temasek Primary School|
|RCAP CoSpace Grand Prix, U12||2nd Place||CCKPS 1||Chua Chu Kang Primary School|
|RCAP CoSpace Grand Prix, U12||3rd Place||LH 1111||Shenzhen ZhongChuangDaDaLele Education Consulting Co., Ltd.|
|RCAP CoSpace Grand Prix, U19||1st Place||WDL Team 2||Woodlands Secondary School|
|RCAP CoSpace Rescue, FirstSteps, U12||1st Place||SZ Robot-9 Team||Shenzhen Boca|
|RCAP CoSpace Rescue, FirstSteps, U12||2nd Place||Nanyang 14||Nanyang Primary School|
|RCAP CoSpace Rescue, FirstSteps, U12||3rd Place||Temasek Team 4||Temasek Primary School|
|RCAP CoSpace Rescue, FirstSteps, U12 , Friendship Tournament||Winner||Nanyang 10||Nanyang Primary School|
|RCAP CoSpace Rescue, FirstSteps, U19||1st Place||Cloud9||Lexueledong|
|RCAP CoSpace Rescue, FirstSteps, U19||2nd Place||Astralis||Lexueledong|
|RCAP CoSpace Rescue, FirstSteps, U19||3rd Place||co2||Admiralty Secondary School|
|RCAP CoSpace Rescue, FirstSteps, U19 , Friendship Tournament||Winner||PHSS Team 4||Pei Hwa Secondary School|
|RCAP CoSpace Rescue, U12||1st Place||Nanyang 5||Nanyang Primary School|
|RCAP CoSpace Rescue, U12||2nd Place||Nanyang 7||Nanyang Primary School|
|RCAP CoSpace Rescue, U12||3rd Place||Nanyang 4||Nanyang Primary School|
|RCAP CoSpace Rescue, U12 , Friendship Tournament||Winner||Nanyang 3||Nanyang Primary School|
|RCAP CoSpace Rescue, U19||1st Place||YTBeta||Yishun Town Secondary School|
|RCAP CoSpace Rescue, U19||2nd Place||YTAlpha||Yishun Town Secondary School|
|RCAP CoSpace Rescue, U19 , Friendship Tournament||Winner||Teamname||Pei Hwa Secondary School|