About RoboCup Singapore Open 2015
RoboCup Singapore Open cum National Selection of RoboCupJunior 2015 aims to promote innovation using robotics and select the best teams to represent Singapore in the RoboCup World Championship 2015 (http://www.robocup2015.org), to be held in Hefei, China, 17 – 23 July 2015.
Date: Thu, 26 – Sat, 28 March 2015
PLEASE READ THIS INFORMATION CAREFULLY!
- Any changes of registration information, such as participant names, swap of leagues, etc. are strictly NOT allowed once the registration is closed.
RoboCupJunior is for primary and secondary school students. There is no fixed minimum age, but primary students are expected to be able to read (and hence write programs for their robots) on their own, without significant help from adult mentors.
- Students over age 19 are not allowed on RoboCupJunior teams.
- Primary age group: Teams with all student members age 14 and below.
- Secondary age group: Teams with any student member over age 14.
- Declaration day is the 1st of July 2015.
Registration (Singapore MOE Schools)
|Registration Fee||0||0||S$50 + 7% GST|
The registration is open from 18 Jan – 1 Feb 2015. Please click HERE for registration. (It is preferred to use IE or Firefox for online registration.)
As the RoboCup Singapore Open 2015 serves as the national qualifier/selection for the RoboCupJunior segment of RoboCup 2015, you may wish to send the following documents to Junior@robocupsg.org .
- (a)Team track record in past robotics events.
- (b)Team description, such as hardware and software used
- (c)Robots’ photos (if available)
- School teachers need to confirm the participants’ info during onsite registration. SP finance department will issue e-invoice to schools.
- Please prepare the correct amount cash for your team and pay at the registration counter.
- Please cross the cheque and make payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. The payment should be sent to:
RoboCup Singapore Open 2015 Office
c/o Advanced Robotics and Intelligent Control Centre
500 Dover Road
- On the reverse of the cheque, please indicate
Event Name: RoboCup Singapore Open 2015
The RoboCup Singapore Open 2015 serves as the national level selection for Singapore RoboCupJunior teams. Hence, the RoboCup Singapore Open 2015 will focus on the RoboCupJunior Challenge. RoboCupJunior is a robotics event for primary and secondary school students that provides consistent challenges from year to year and emphasizes sharing ideas in a friendly learning environment.
- CoSpace Rescue – Primary,
- CoSpace Rescue – Secondary,
- CoSpace Dance – Primary,
- CoSpace Dance – Secondary
2.RoboCupJunior Dance | Rule
- Dance – Primary,
- Dance – Secondary
3.RoboCupJunior Rescue | Rule
- Rescue A – Primary,
- Rescue A – Secondary
4.RoboCupJunior Soccer | Rule
- Light Weight League – Primary
- Light Weightage League – Secondary
- Open League (No Age Group)
5.CoSpace Grand Prix Challenge | About
- CoSpace Grand Prix – Primary,
- CoSpace Grand Prix – Secondary,
6.RMA Challenge – Smart Robot, Smart Nation| About
- RMA Challenge – Primary,
- RMA Challenge – Secondary,
The invited RoboCup Major teams will demonstrate the Major league categories. They are RoboCup Soccer, RoboCup Rescue, and RoboCup@Home.
Organizers and Sponsors
Terms of Reference of Team Mentor
1.Title of the Group
The group shall be called the “RoboCup Singapore Open Team Mentor”.
2.Terms of Reference
The primary objectives of the RoboCup Singapore Open Team Mentor are:
- To be the contact person of the team participating in the RoboCup Singapore Open.
- To ensure team delivers the right value and attitude during RoboCup Singapore Open.
- To address all issues arising from RoboCup Singapore Open.
- To explore and implement learning opportunities for students in the RoboCup Singapore Open.
3.Channels of Communication
- The RoboCup Singapore Open Organizing Committee communicates instructions and decisions to the Team Mentor.
- The Team Mentor communicates instructions and decisions to the team leaders and members.
Do’s & Don’ts
• It is each participant’s responsibility to take care of their properties, including robots, computers, tools, equipment, and personal belongings that he/she brings to the event. Teams are strongly advised not to leave any valuable equipment and personal belongings unattended.
• Teams are advised to bring back their own robots at the end of each day during the competition.
• Teams are not allowed to have meals inside the team area and competition area.
• Mentors are to ensure the team delivers the right value and attitude during RoboCup Singapore Open.
• Each participant grants the Organising Committee permission, with respect to all photographs, or videos that have been taken of the participant and the robots during the event. Each participant releases and discharges the Organising Committee and its photographers, agents, from all claims with the use of such photographs, film, or video.
• It is advised that the school include the media consent in the consent form issued to your students.
Venue: Annex Hall, Science Centre Singapore
15 Science Centre Road, Singapore 609081
Dr Zhou Changjiu, Singapore Polytechnic
Chair: Dr Ng Buck Sin, Singapore Polytechnic
Co-Chair: Mr. Lee Lian Soon, Science Centre Singapore
Setup: Choo Poh Jim, James Lim
Logistics: Jacqueline Oh
Publicity: Korny Poh Ya Chin
RCJ Soccer League: Yue Pik Kong
RCJ Rescue League: Dr Zhang Lian Dong
RCJ Dance League: Michelle Chan
RCJ CoSpace Rescue: Han Xinyu, Ma Shuang
CoSpace Grand Prix: Edward Chuah, Neo Yan Lin
RMA Challenge: Wang Yiyan, Chan Pozan
CoSpace Technical Advisor: Yang Tianwu
RoboCup Major League Demo: Asadollah Norouzi
ROBOCUPJUNIOR SINGAPORE COORDINATOR:
|ACS (Independent)||James Foo|
|Anderson Secondary School||Lin Binchuan|
|Balestier Hill Primary School||Aileen Goh|
|Chua Chu Kang Primary School||Fauziah Othman|
|Yip Yew Wing|
|Crescent Girls School||David Tay|
|Hillgrove Secondary School||Amos Lim|
|Hwa Chong Institution||Kent Cheong|
|Maris Stella High School||Mandy Goh|
|Nanyang Girls’ High School||Chiu Wee Meng|
|Nanyang Primary School||Cindy Chew Ai Ping|
|Pei Hwa Presbyterian Primary School||Liew Jiunn Shyong|
|Pei Hwa Secondary School||Joel Neo Peck Wee|
|Koh Chong Peng|
|Ng Pit Shen|
|Raffles Girls School (Secondary)||Sharon Siow|
|Raffles Institution||Mohamed Kamel bin Salim|
|Yeo Puay Hong|
|Rivervale Primary School||Wong Wan Hui|
|Serangoon Garden Secondary School||Moh Wei Cheong Adrian|
|St Joseph’s Institution Junior||Firdaus Johari|
|Swiss Cottage Secondary School||Wong Yin Kew|
|Darren Tan Sijie|
|Telok Kurau Primary School||Muhammad Reza|
|Temasek Primary School||Amnah Jantan|
|Temasek Secondary School||Joey Lim Chue May|
|Woodgrove Primary School||Saifulnizam Mohd Zakaria|
|Woodlands Ring Secondary School||Jeremy See Poo Leng|
|Yishun Town Secondary School||Danny Choi Tsz Wai|